St Aidan's has a fairly small congregation but is very active in the community it serves. In 1974 part of the church was converted into a community centre, and this has been developed further over the years. Many different groups use the community centre every week.
Built in 1904, St Aidan's is the only working Edward King Church consecrated by Bishop Edward King.
In 1974 the church was developed into a community centre. This halved the size of the church but allowed toilets and a kitchen to be installed. Later a floor was built for a sports hall. This has since been converted to a meeting room and a small office.
In 2001 a further floor was added with a large computer suite and a bank of offices. The building has full disabled access with lifts to both floors and kitchens and toilets on each floor.
St Aidan's is part of a group with two other churches, Old Clee and Christchurch. The Reverend Richard Holden is priest-in-charge of all three churches.
St Aidan's also works closely with two other churches in Cleethorpes, St Peter's and St Francis.
St Aidan's Parish is in the Deanery of Grimsby and Cleethorpes and part of the Diocese of Lincoln.