Welcome to the Single Point of Access – SPA for North East Lincolnshire
01472 256256 is the number to ring for non emergency health, social and mental health support in North East Lincolnshire.
When to call the SPA:
- You need medical help fast, but it’s not an emergency and your GP or surgery is closed
- You have concerns about an adult who is vulnerable or may be being neglected or abused
- You are a Carer and you require support to help you to care for someone
- You need support or advice about your mental health
- You need support getting out and about or getting around the house
- You need care or support to help you to live at home
You can also access advice electronically:
- For mental health Navigo
- For social care S4Me – IAG portal, including online self-assessment
- For health/medical care – NHS choices
Lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
What is the SPA?
The SPA is a team of qualified and unqualified staff from different professional backgrounds (including Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational therapists and Mental Health practitioners) with specialist local knowledge about the health, mental health and social care services available to you.
What to expect when you ring the SPA?
You will be given some options to choose from, this enables us to quickly divert your call to the person best able to help you.
Then you will be asked some questions to help to clarify your query, after this, your query will be resolved or passed through for further specialist support.
All staff within the SPA will, with your permission access your health and social care record.
What type of support is available?
- Adult safeguarding advice and information to report concerns about an adult
- Medical support, including emergency repeat prescriptions and access to a face to face or telephone appointment with a Dr or GP.
- Access to the Community Urgent Care Team to provide speedy health and social care within your own home.
- Social care advice and information for people with existing social care support packages of care and new referrals
- Information about community and voluntary organisations which may be able to support you or resolve your query
- Access to the Hospital discharge team for any queries relating to a planned hospital discharge
- Access to mental health support, including face to face and telephone crisis management.